Well, we opened Topps Treasury Basketball, and while we didn’t find anything really cool, there were a few cards worth noting.
2008 Topps Treasury Basketball
- 5 cards/pack
- 18 pack/box ($75)
The big draw of this product is the Rip Card. To rip or not to rip, that is the question. And when Topps announced that there could be actual money in the Rip Card (up to a $1,000, no less), that gives you something to think about.
Our Rip Card was Rudy Gay, numbered to 99. Not bad, but we couldn’t resist. So what was inside – money or a mini card? Well, it was a mini card of Deron Williams, numbered to 278. No autograph, no money. Bad decision on our part.
And here are some other parallel highlights:
- Robin Lopez auto (numbered to 50)
- O.J. Mayo (numbered to 2,008)
- Eric Gordon (numbered to 2,008)
- Samuel Dalembert (numbered to 999)
- Tayshaun Prince (numbered to 999)
- Danny Granger (numbered to 999)
- Carlos Boozer (numbered to 199)
Check below to see a video of the break: