(This story originally appeared on www.sportscollectorsdaily.com)
It’s been a quiet start to Tim Tebow’s professional football career.
Two rushing attempts; two yards. That’s it so far for one of the most heralded college football players of all time. In fact, last weekend, he was inactive for the Denver Broncos’ third game of the season, a loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
Brady Quinn was designated the number two quarterback behind Kyle Orton based on what the coaching staff saw in practice.
As soon as his first rookie cards hit the market, collectors flocked to them. That was a couple of months ago. He’s still selling but in Colorado, sales have slowed a bit.
“With as hot as he was right after being drafted, it would have taken getting the starting job, a few 300+ passing games, some of his patented goal-line heroics and establishing Middle East peace to have kept him selling at that pace,” said Mike Fruitman of Mike’s Stadium Sports Cards in Aurora.
to read the rest of the story, please visit Sports Collectors Daily.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale