(This story originally appeared on www.sportscollectorsdaily.com)
The San Francisco Giants have brought back their first World Series title to the West Coast.
At the same time, treasures from baseball’s most memorable moments from the 2010 postseason are on their way to Cooperstown and being prepared for the Autumn Glory exhibit at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
Following the Giants’ World Series-clinching win on Monday night, the Museum acquired nearly a dozen artifacts from both the Giants and the American League Champion Texas Rangers. The Series memorabilia will be on display by Thanksgiving in Autumn Glory, which celebrates the history of baseball’s postseason. The date for the exhibit opening will be announced in the coming days.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale