(This story originally appeared on www.sportscollectorsdaily.com)
He went to his first Brooklyn Dodgers’ game in 1944. The collecting started that day for Sal LaRocca and never stopped.
The Chattanooga, Tenn. resident has consigned much of what he has accumulated over the years and the auction is underway.
LaRocca’s Brooklyn Dodgers memorabilia collection is generally regarded as the best in existence and includes 1950s jerseys of Sandy Koufax and Johnny Podres, late 19th century Brooklyn baseball items, a ‘59 World Series ring, dozens of game-used bats, autographs, a pair of Ebbets Field seats and other pieces.
You might remember this story on the collection that appeared in the Chattanooga Times Free Press that we brought to you last year.
For more go to sportscollectorsdaily.com
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between ’81 & ’09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff’s online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale