I offer a few suggestions:
- Don Larsen’s perfect game (and no, he’s not in the Hall of Fame)
- Kirk Gibson’s Game 1 walk-off home run
- Joe Carter’s Game 6 walk-off home run
- Bill Mazeroski’s Game 7 walk-off home run
- Babe Ruth’s called shot
- Bill Buckner’s ball-through-the-legs error
- Carlton Fisk’s Game 6 foul-pole home run
My personal favorite is Gibson’s home run because I remember it so vividly and because it propelled the Dodgers to a sweep of the mighty A’s. It didn’t happen in Game 7, but I just remember being stunned that it happened.
Now, the bigger question – how did Gibson win MVP that year if the voting was supposedly done BEFORE the postseason?
Feel free to post thoughts here and in the forum.