With March Madness heating up with all of the conference tournament action and the Big Dance less than a week away, I thought I’d throw out some quick predictions. Before you go betting the house on any of the following, consider that the last time I won an NCAA Tournament pool I was 18 years old and Keith Smart and the Indiana Hoosiers were the last ones dancing. Talking about 1987 for all of you too you to remember.
By the time the 2010 tournament wraps up you’ll be certain of the following 10 things:
1. Calling Notre Dame’s Luke Harangody “Gody” is so fun it almost makes you forget how goofy he looks.
2. BYU’s Jimmer Fredette will be this year’s equivalent of Stephen Curry.
3. The last thing you’ll want to do is build something together with the fine people at Lowe’s.
4. CBS’ Gus Johnson is easily excited and tends to overreact.
5. Tennessee will erase several years of underachieving by earning a trip to the Elite 8.
6. That after thinking long and hard about, it’s just too soon and you just don’t feel comfortable having Enterprise pick you up.
7. That this year’s tourney bracket was one of the most difficult to fill out since … ever.
8. The people at CBS should reconsider bringing Verne Lundquist back in 2011.
9. Texas was one of the most talented teams in the field (assuming they get in) and also one of the most overrated.
10. The start of the football season can’t get hear quick enough.
Sleepers (term is subjective): Tennessee, Baylor, Kansas State, Marquette and Montana.
Championship pick: Kentucky 72, Syracuse 64.