If the excitement surrounding the big game hasn’t got you yet, I’m hoping that a Suped-Up Special Edition of Beat The Blogger might help get you on board. As those of you who are familiar with the game already know, the contest is simply: post your picks right here on the 7th Inning Stretch Blogzone, correctly pick more games than the Blogger, and the highest total for the week wins an authentic signed 8-by-10 photo from our prize vault. It’s free to play and it’s just that easy to win a valuable piece of memorabilia to add to your collection.
I’m not sure if it’s the fever causing me to lose my judgement or what, but I’ve decided to dig deep into our prize vault and put together a prize package that is worthy of the biggest sporting event in the world. This week’s Beat The Blogger winner will receive (3) authentic signed 8-by-10 color photos, an authentic Riddell mini helmet signed by Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, a Fran Tarkenton McFarlane Sportspicks figure, a Joseph Addai McFarlane Sportspicks figure and a 12-inch McFarlane figure featuring future Hall of Famer Terrell Owens. In all, the prize package carries an estimated value of more than $350.
The following are the (10) Beat The Blogger Super Bowl Edition questions. Click on the “Comments” link below, post your answers and see if you can Beat The Blogger and win. Make sure to get your answers posted prior to 5 p.m. (CT) to be eligible to win. In case of a tie, the person who predicts the winner and comes closest to predicting the winning score of SB XLIII will win the prizes. I’ll post my Blogger picks later this week so you know what you’re up against. Good luck.
Beat The Blogger Super Bowl Edition:
1. The outcome of the coin flip will be: Heads or Tails
2. The longest Field Goal made will be: 0-44 yards or 45 yards or more
3. Receptions Pittsburgh’s Hines Ward will have: 5 or fewer or 6 or more
4. Will there be more points scored in: the first half or the second half
5. Passing yards for Kurt Warner will be: 299 or fewer or 300 or more
6. Rushing yards for Willie Parker will be: 95 or fewer or 96 or more
7. Halftime show ends with Springsteen’s “Born in the USA”: Yes or No
8. Different Steelers players will catch a pass: 5 or fewer or 6 or more
9. Either team will score three times in a row: Yes or No
10. There will be a score in the final 2 minutes of the game: Yes or No
Tiebreaker- Winner/Score: Pittsburgh or Arizona